It can't just be that I'm exhausted. It couldn't be that today was my first day off since May where I had absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to be. True, I am prone to tension headaches so bad that I once told a doctor that my feet hurt — he told me that wasn't possible ... I beg to differ. And there was the mystery illness of 2003-04 that kept me from doing almost anything.
It started yesterday afternoon as a minor headache. No big deal, I just took some gel caps and headed to work. As the evening progressed, the headache got worse, my eyes started to throb from the inside out, my neck was too stiff to turn and my hair hurt (seriously). I made it through the shift but skipped the gym in favor of going to straight to bed. Once I got home, I couldn't find a comfortable sleeping position, so I retreated to the living room. But sitting upright made me nauseous, the brightness of the TV hurt my eyes and I was freezing and sweating at the same time. I dug through the medicine cabinet but all I had was gel caps, so I doubled the dosage and tried my bed again. This time I turned on the air conditioning and covered myself with a blanket (to address both the sweating and the shivering). Lying perfectly still, I was finally able to get to sleep around midnight and woke up again as Brad was pulling into the parking lot around 4 a.m. I got up to greet him, but realized that I was going to vomit if I stayed upright any longer and threw myself back onto the bed, ordering Brad to rub my feet as I fell back asleep.
Today I'm feeling much better with just a tinge of overall achiness. I spent the day on the couch watching my Blockbuster stash.
Our most recent trip took us to areas known for breeding West Nile virus. My aunt in Denver told us about it as we slathered ourselves with repellent in her backyard. My mom says SoDak has it too. At this point, I'm a little past the normal incubation period, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. After all, what else could it be?
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment