Friday, August 15, 2008

We don't need no stinkin' countdown clock

The time has come. Zippy's is here.

The grand opening may not be until Monday, but the soft opening was Thursday. I confirmed this with Melissa, our personal Zippy's expert, and me, TV and EdC. were off. Once we maneuvered the elbow turn (is that really a thing?) with me screaming, "Left. No, left. Left here. Turn left" there was no stopping us ... open parking spots and everything.

I was pretty excited and fell out of my shoe in the parking lot, EdC. and TV couldn't help themselves and bought out the bakery, and we're still not sure exactly what the Italian grilled chicken is, but overall our Zippy's experience (mine at least) was fab-u-lous. Good times. Fried chicken for all of eternity.
Confused? What does this mean? This should explain everything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my defense, I had never ridden that turn before - I can't spell that "man*&vered" word - and I wasn't sure you meant THAT left ;0) What DOES make that chicken Italian?

Leah said...

I know — its totally messed up. Typical Maui road engineering. Ed and Brad were also both confused by it, but had the honor of not being in the driver's seat ... otherwise they too would have been tormented by me. Maybe I'm the only one that ever uses that "jug handle" turn to go to Wal-Mart. I saw that the story for Monday has specific directions on how to get to Zippy's.

As for the chicken, my guess is the noodles. Maybe? Will you be having it again?

Mr. Burger said...

Thank GOD the Maui News published directions on how to get to Zippys!!! That's hysterical!! Like someone would get lost trying to find something off Dairy Road.... and end up in ...God forbid... Puunene instead!
Funny stuff you guys! I can just picture you all at Zippy;s...I would have liked some Chicken Katsu...something I haven't had in years now..!