Monday, December 08, 2008

It is cold and snowy

Yes, that is what I said I wanted, but here's the deal - I'm a weenie.

I sat around all day and shivered. The snow, or impending snow at that point, kept us close to home. No J. No shopping. And if I don't get some shopping done, no Christmas presents for Toonces or the girl. I don't think they're going to like that.

Monday's activities: Hot cocoa, back to bed, laundry, bakery, Sears, grocery store, Taco John's (where we were held hostage for about 20 minutes because I didn't want to walk past a person that I didn't want to acknowledge. I'm very mature.), lay on the couch, make cookies, make pecan tassies (I don't know what a tassie is but it is the new "nub" or "Scotcheroo."), lay on the couch again, dinner, "Boston Legal" and now I can't sleep.

Bradley's job in the morning is to clean the driveway. He was offered a crash course in snowblower operation, but said that he's too scared to use it. So he'll use a shovel. If he doesn't have a heart attack in the process, we're hoping to attempt a trip to Sioux Falls in the afternoon.

No comments: