Thank goodness for that because I was finally taken down by the family cold of 2008 early Friday. And without power I would have been stuck on the couch in the dark. Instead, I spent the day catching up on my DVD watching — taking in "Tropic Thunder," "Swimming Pool," "Kabluey" and "Burn After Reading."
My quick reviews:
"Tropic Thunder" — very entertaining. I kept turning it off when the cold medicine would kick in because I didn't want to miss anything.
"Swimming Pool" — the big boss loaned me his personal copy a few weeks ago in the hopes that I'd be able to explain the ending to him. But I didn't understand the rest of the movie, let alone the ending. Plus, I hate subtitles and half of the movie was in French. The big boss should have known better. Lastly, one of the female characters walked around the majority of the time without a top on. I get it, she's French, they do those kinds of things, but it was completely unnecessary.
"Kabluey" — good premise but lacked focus. Am I supposed to believe that a 6-year-old went from trying to kill his uncle to loving him just because he put on a costume? There's gotta be more.
"Burn After Reading" — not a must see, but I was able to stay awake for the whole thing. As far as Coen brothers movies that I've seen go, its no "Fargo" or "Raising Arizona" but it is way better than "No Country for Old Men" and "Ladykillers."
But the power story is different on Oahu. I curious though: Who is the crawl on the bottom of channel 2 (and probably all the others) benefiting? Nobody on Oahu has power, so they can't watch TV to find out that the airport is closed or learn which stores are still open if they need supplies.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment