Bradley and I had the last four days off together. It was a rarity and so relaxing. I last thing I want to do is wake up tomorrow knowing that I have to go back to work.But we do have one more outing planned for tonight — our romantical dinner that got canceled in December when I came down with a cold.
Today, we ventured to Iao Valley and Kepaniwai Park. Last week at work we were having a discussion about the official name of the state park at Iao Valley — is it state park or state monument. I said, "I don't know. I've never been there." Then I was mocked for living here almost 8 years and never going to Iao Valley. So, today we went.
It was very pretty. The hike is short but very steep. My legs were a bit shaky — but I've been having balance problems all week. Brad took a thousand pictures (OK, maybe 77). Some can be viewed on flickr.
Iao Valley didn't take much time, so we decided to stop at the nearby Kepaniwai Park & Heritage Gardens before heading home. They are absolutely beautiful. (Japanese pagoda pictured above.) And educational, giving the history most of Hawaii's early immigrants. Brad and I agreed that it needs to go on the list of things to do for Brad's mom's visit. (Only 11 more days!)
Other vacation activities included being lobsterized at the beach yesterday, happy hour at Oceans and shopping for bathroom stuff (we're going with white). I can't for the life of me remember what we did on Monday. That's the sign of an excellent vacation. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment