Monday, August 10, 2009

And now I wait

When is Felicia coming? Is she coming? I think she has been downgraded to a depression. That's good news. But I thought the worst of it was supposed to be overnight tonight, but it hasn't even started raining yet. Then I heard somewhere that it wasn't going to be until Tuesday midday. Maui County emergency shelters to open at 10 p.m. today. I just want it to be over already.

Brad thinks I'm acting crazy. He's probably right. But how can one act not crazy when the TV news people say things like this: "The people of Hawaii (County) have the people on Maui County in their thoughts and prayers" (Channel 9, 5 p.m. news). Dude! The storm is still hundreds of miles away. That makes it sound like we're all dead already.

Tonight, with electricity and car still intact, I ran out to get stuff for dinner. Seems in my effort to restock the emergency kit, I forgot to get "real" groceries. And when you only need a few things, where do you go? Foodland. That place is never, ever as insane as Safeway and the employees are much more pleasant. Yes, Foodland does tend to be more expensive than Safeway but we all know how I feel about Safeway, and I only needed 4 items ... I didn't want to be gone for the 90 minutes that it would take me to get through that place.


Anyway, tonight's dinner: boneless ribeye, mashed potatoes that I made 2 days ago, sourdough bread and strawberry lemonade martinis. Delightful. Had to have something tasty in case I really do end up with only peanut butter sandwiches and Pop-tarts. :-)

No comments: