Well, people, we should be starting to feel the storm in another 24 hours. The last advisory from the National Weather Service shifted the projected track a bit to the north, meaning Maui County will take more of a hit. The 8 p.m. Sunday advisory forecast Felicia to still be a tropical storm when she reaches us. Of course, that could all change.
I'm sure that Brad and I will be just fine. But it is highly likely that we could be without electricity for a while (a 2007 Kona storm knocked it out for 3 or 4 days) and that our cell phones may not work. Do not become alarmed if you don't hear from us. We'll contact interested parties when we can.
Keep your fingers crossed. I've been through tornadoes and an earthquake but this is my first tropical storm (Brad was on Long Island in 1985 when Hurricane Gloria hit). I'm kind of nervous . . . just don't know what to expect.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment