Saturday, August 08, 2009

We are back on track

The kit is full again: Candles, flashlights, batteries, matches, radio, cash, canned fruit, canned chicken, crackers and water.

This morning's check on our emergency kit showed that we were sorely unprepared for a storm or earthquake or whatever. So, a lot of things got thrown in the Dumpster and I ventured out to restock.

The world was not as crazed as I had expected. (A tip to my island friends: If you need last-minute things, go to Kmart. I went to Safeway yesterday and, oh dear God, I thought it was a nightmare on normal days.) Anyway, getting distracted. The Water Store was busy but I was still in and out in 5 minutes. Kmart was pretty much dead. So was Longs. Am I overreacting in my attempt to be prepared? The Bankoh ATMs were another story. I had to go to 3 different machines before I found one that still contained money.

No comments: