After sitting in the sink, half-fried, for 2 days, eggs smell very, very bad.
You see, the other day I was trying to make a fried egg for breakfast but 1, 2, and then 3 eggs went into the pan with a broken yolk ... which I just didn't want. So I'd cook them until they were stable enough to take out of the pan and try again. Three times I did that ... three times!
After the third I started swearing, causing Brad to come running out of the spare bedroom apparently thinking I'd burned myself. I knew at the time that I was acting insane, but sometimes you've just got to. The fourth one finally worked out the way I wanted. And good thing too, by the time I got to that point, I only had 2 eggs left in the carton.
So, I dumped the 3 half-cooked eggs into the sink thinking that I'd throw them down the garbage disposal. But the sink was full of dishes, so they ended up in the corner of the sink and there they sat for 2 more days.
Tonight Brad and I came home and as soon as we opened the door, we were overtaken by the stench of rotting eggs. It may have been the most God-awful smell to hit my nostrils in quite some time. We emptyed the dishwasher in double time and threw the sink dishes in. Then the rotting eggs were pushed down the disposal with a grapefruit soap chaser, my head turned 45 degrees to the south and me gagging.
The eggs are gone now, but still I fear the smell lingers.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment