Friday, April 21, 2006

Ugh, kids today

In an effort to be nice and help out a newcomer, Brad loaned out my car two weeks ago.

(A key part of this story is the fact that he was going to give out his car, the Focus, but the check engine light came on so mine was loaned instead. The Focus light fiasco resulted in a $300 repair bill. You may remember me whining about it.)

Anyway, Brad loaned out my car on April 6 for what we thought was only going to be a few days, a weekend at the most. But yesterday, there we were still carless. So I prodded Brad to call this fellow and say, "We really need our car back."

So he did and was informed that, oh by the way, the check engine light came on today. You have GOT to be kidding. But no, no it was true.

The worst part was that there was no "thanks for loaning me your car." No "sorry I had it so long." No "I feel horrible that the light came on." No "I'll give you a few dollars because I feel terrible that this happened." Nothing. No acknowledgement in any way that we did him a favor and now its probably going to cost us at least another $300. I'm not saying that he broke the car or that the light would not have come on if I had been driving the car, I'm just saying come on, show a little appreciation.

So, Brad's gone out this morning to look into the Escort situation. There is a remote possibility that it may just need oil. Although, with our luck that doesn't seem likely.

No comments: