Sunday, December 23, 2007

I must not be in the central U.S.

I just saw a story on Yahoo! that said a snowstorm was hitting the central U.S., killing at least 5 people and snarling traffic. It had a bunch of references to goings on in Minnesota. And quoted a National Weather Service guy in Des Moines as saying parts of that state (I'm assuming they mean Iowa) are expected to end up with 6 to 10 inches.

Well, I just looked out the window and all I saw was sun. No snow. No rain. No strong winds. Well, maybe strong winds. Are those really possible to see? And I'm sure it is freezing cold. It has been since I've been here.

Don't get me wrong, there's snow on the ground and I'm elated ... finally a white Christmas for me and Brad. But a snowstorm would be cool.

In other news:
- Merry Christmas, Aunt Judy!
- On Saturday we went to Sioux City to a concert at the Orpheum Theater. It was really cool ... the place and the concert. Had a fun time. Dinner was at Applebee's afterward. I had the mini bacon cheeseburgers and a hot fudge sundae shooter.
- We did make it to taco night on Wednesday. I have a real nice photo of Andy that will be uploaded at sometime. He was being anti-social and wouldn't sit with us for a while.
- Went to Sioux Falls on Thursday. I bought 12 bottles of foaming soap. My mom said, "That's not all really for (TV), is it?" Maybe.
- I have not yet checked the Powerball numbers from last night. If I win, I may not go back. :-)

No comments: