My sister and I learned in kindergarten to identify left from right by holding up our hands, palms facing out. The thumb and forefinger on the left hand form a "L."
Seriously, I still use that tip today. But my parents used to think we were so weird when both my sister and I would do that. If I remember correctly, they couldn't believe that a teacher would deem that the best way to identify left and right, and claimed that my sister and I had made it up.
Right, like we were smart enough to figure that one out on our own.
Tonight, Brad and I were watching "How I Met Your Mother" and one character was driving for the first time. He starts to get nervous and asks his friend, "Where's the brake?" The friend tells him it is the pedal on the left. Then he asks which way is left. And the friend tells him to told up his hands.
See, it's a real thing. I feel vindicated. :-)
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment