Sunday, December 09, 2007

When does my vacation start?

Last week was a really crappy week and I just want to get away.

Some of the week's lowlights:

• Everybody knows about the storm and lack of electricity.

• I got my hair cut on Tuesday. On Friday I realized that one side is longer than the other. (T.Roy told me that on Tuesday. I should always listen to T.Roy.) And yesterday I decided that the back is too long and looks like a mullet. My search for a new hair girl continues.

• Brad's car has a yet-to-be-determined amount of flood damage. The gecko people towed it away on Friday. As of last night, he was still proclaiming his love for the 'Scort. He was supposed to call my dad today to get his take on the situation — to fix the car or not.

• I waited almost an hour for fettuccine on Friday, only to be revisited by it hours later. (I know, gross, too much information.) Brad didn't feel too well after he ate the leftovers last night, either.

• Some jerk parked in my spot yesterday while I was at the post office. When he finally moved his vehicle, I went to get the Mazda out of guest parking and slipped in the mud. For about 5 minutes I honestly thought my wrist was broken. That's how bad it hurt. But it appears that my only injury was a pulled muscle in my arm. It hurts when I try to straighten it.

On the positive side:
• Brad's mom was very generous and got us some really nice stuff for Hanukkah — an ice cream maker, an indoor grill, and a pinball game, just to name a few. Brad hit his first home run on the pinball game last night.

• I made ice cream on Thursday. Last night we came home and had homemade vanilla ice cream with lavender fudge sauce. It was the best part of the whole week. :-)

• Today begins the first in my 9 days of lasts — my last two days off before we head to the homeland.

No comments: