Friday, March 14, 2008

Anyone will do

Bradley's been complaining of a belly ache since eating a pot full of cheese fondue a few weeks ago. I know . . . what could possibly be wrong? :-)

I convinced him to let me make a doctor's appointment for him. I called the clinic this morning thinking that I'd get him an appointment for next week. If only life were that easy. The problem is that Brad's primary care physician left the island in November. I knew that, he was mine too and I miss him almost every day . . . seriously. But I never called to sign Brad up for a new one (which I did for myself in December) and now they only have one doctor who is accepting new patients and she doesn't have any openings until late May. May!? Are you kidding me? It's only the middle of March.

To shorten this story considerably, I was able to bargain my way into getting him an appointment with a physician's assistant.

Now that I think about it, there's gotta be doctors closer to our house that would be willing to make appointments less than 2 months in advance. I should look into that.

Also: My sister recently switched to Kaiser and was singing their praises the other day when I was complaining about doctors. I told her I didn't want to switch to Kaiser because it would cost me like $70 a month. I know that's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, but it is $70 more a month than I pay for what I've got now. But maybe it is time to reconsider.

No comments: