Monday, March 24, 2008

My "exciting" weekend

Bradley and I went to the beach today and I super lobsterified myself. I just made him run to Longs and get some aloe, but I'm not sure it is working.

Other than that, I managed to $250 off the price of our summer vacation.

Hotwire had a Magnificent Mile 4-star Chicago hotel for $119/night for the time that we're going to be there. The place that I'd already booked in Chicago was questionable but in a good location and cost $179 ... a bargain compared to everything else I'd looked at. But the Hotwire deal sounded interesting, so I bit the bullet. We ended up with the Hard Rock Hotel. Brad and I both sorta rolled our eyes, but it actually gets pretty good reviews on multiple Web sites. Plus, at $119/night can we really go wrong?

In Las Vegas we have reservations at the Flamingo, but the last time that I checked it rates were going down. I checked again today and we could get a better room class at $100 less than what I had booked a room for. So the previous room got cancelled and a better/cheaper one is booked. Woo-hoo more gambling for me. :-)

No comments: