Saturday, March 22, 2008

The week in review


Saturday
I'm still obsessed with cupcakes. I had one today, and it was a little dry. But they are still going to the work people. What am I going to do with 2 dozen cupcakes? Brad made the frosting. He did a real nice job.

Friday
Lots of laundry. A trip to the grocery store where we purchased more than $30 of frozen food and received two free movie tickets. The Safeway clerk lady was a little too excited.

We tried out the Makawao Steak House for dinner. It was really nice. Very rustic and lodgey feeling. I had the prime rib. Brad had the ribeye. Both were very tasty. And we thought the price was incredibly reasonable. We'll be back.

Pre-game happiness (and blurriness, apparently)
Thursday
Cornell vs. Stanford. We ventured over the west side and spent the late morning/early afternoon at the Rusty Harpoon. The Big Red got slaughtered but, happily for Brad, wasn't even the worst performing team to play that day.

Unrelated: We were headed out to pick up pizza and as we were leaving there were about 5 kids (I'd guess they ranged in age from 3 to 8) hanging around the driveway. There were 2 that made us nervous because the were close to the middle of the driveway — a girl on my side (the driver's side) probably 4 or 5 years old and a boy on Brad's side that was likely 3 or 4 years old. This seems like a good time to wonder where their parents were.

I said to Brad, "I'll watch the girl, you watch the boy." Because I didn't want to run them over, but they didn't seem to appreciate the fact that our car could harm them if they made any sudden moves. I kept a close eye on the girl while slowly (very slowly) moving forward. Brad goes, "He's coming! He's coming!" I stop the car and look over to Brad's side and there was the boy standing about a foot from Brad's door looking in. Brad makes shooing jestures with his hands. The boy pivots and heads toward the back of our car. A few seconds later, a bump on the back door and the three kids farther away from us start yelling at the boy and he runs away.

Brad: What the heck was that!? Did you hit him?

Me: No. I did not hit him. He tried to open the back door but it's locked.

B: He tried to get into our car? We don't know that kid. Why would he try to get into our car?

Me: I don't know.

After a few more minutes just sitting in the driveway watching the kids to make sure nobody was hurt or coming back, we finally drove away.

Wednesday
Brad does not have an ulcer.

Tuesday
Brad's doctor's appointment rescheduled due to the doctor being sick.

Monday and Sunday
I don't think anything happened.

No comments: