Thursday, July 31, 2008

We've returned again

Carhenge, Alliance, Neb., July 29

I need to get work and only have computer time when the guests are out of the apartment, so here's a short wrap up. More later.

• The wedding was beautiful. I hadn't met the groom before, but he seems very nice.

• My poor friend S was the latest victim of our vacation curse. Her youngest, T, got appendicitis the day after we arrived and ended up in the hospital.

• S's husband, K, downed a 36-ounce prime rib at the Outback in the same amount of time that it took me to eat my 8-ounce serving. I have pictures. It was really impressive.

• We visited the alma mater. Its changed a lot ... buildings torn down, new buildings built, my old dorm turned into the residence life office.

• Deadwood was boring. But Brad did win $12 playing blackjack.

• Carhenge was awesome. Brad says, "Everyone needs to go there. It is so cool."

No comments: