I woke up at 5:15 from a dream where me and a guy I knew in high school had stolen a car and were trying to figure out how to take it back without having anyone realize that we'd stolen it. Weird.
I couldn't get back to sleep after that. Plus, for some reason, I was convinced that it was raining outside (yah, when does it ever rain here?) and that I'd left the living room windows open. I had left the windows open last night, but (a.) Brad must have closed them when he went to bed and (2.) it wasn't raining.
So, already, strange morning. Since I was awake, I decided to catch up on the Blockbuster movies that have been warming the shelf for more than a month. But "The Notebook" bored me to tears.
After that I decided to just go ahead and start the green chile pork stew that I've been planning for days. Brad and I had it when we were in Arizona. Dare I say it was one of the best things about our stay in Phoenix? I've been craving it ever since. I'm not 100% certain it will turn out the way I want it to — dried New Mexico green chiles are not too common in these parts, so I had to improvise — but it should still be tasty. If only I knew someone, say in New Mexico, that hook me up with the real thing. Hmmm ... who do I know?
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment