But the 2009 MLB schedule came out today.
What does that mean? Since we had so much fun on this summer's stadium tour, I'm already plotting our course for next year. And next year means the East Coast. Hello! Two new stadiums in New York. How could we do anything else?
And what would any trip from DC to Boston be incomplete without? Amtrak.
Have I mentioned how much I love Amtrak? A quick check on their Web site tells me that a 4-leg trip (with at least one Acela leg) will cost less than $240 per person. Could I fly that for less money? I seriously doubt it. Plus (at least on the East Coast) there are hundreds of trains a day so if I miss one I can just take the next, I get to enjoy scenic America, there's very little turbulence and I'm not crammed into a little-tiny seat for hours and hours. What is not to love?
I've only had 2 Amtrak "incidences" and neither was Amtrak's fault: 1. During our Midwestern outing this summer the flooding made it impossible for Amtrak to get from Minneapolis to Chicago. Amtrak called me several days in advance and offered me bus seats or a refund. I took the refund and rented a car. I didn't want to sit on a freakin' bus for 8 hours. 2. Another time, Brad and I decided (ahem, cough, cough) that taking the train would put us way behind everyone else and be an inconvenience. So we kept our rental car — a move that cost us an extra $300 — and drove. We got to the rendezvous spot at the same time that we would have arrived had we taken the train (and lost the $60 we'd paid for the tickets).
And how many airline "incidences" have I had? Ugh, don't get me started.
CLARIFICATION: Yes, I am an extreme planner, but, no, I did not and will not (in the near future) purchase any plane or train tickets for this excursion. It is too far away. Who knows what could happen between now and then. I just plotted out our course on the iCal.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment