The Site Meter over on the right of the screen tells me how many visitors I have and where they come from. The ol' blog-o-rama only averages 17 hits a day — mostly from my mom, my sister, Brad's mom, the co-workers and so on. But about 10 times a week I'll get random hits from Ontario, Poland, Singapore, El Paso ... you know, places like that. So I'll backtrack to see how these people came to be here. What were they really looking for?
Here's what I've found:
• The most common Google searches that bring people into my world are:
1. Do cockroaches fly - this entry doesn't really answer that question, but was brought about by a text exchange between me and Toonces about whether a bug that had just attacked her was, in fact, a cockroach.
2. TB nub - Ahhh, Nub watch '07. Good times. Apparently there are a lot of poor saps out there being tested for tuberculosis. I feel their pain, I really do. In an attempt to protect the innocent, the final results of Nub watch '07 were never published. But for those people looking reassurance that you don't have TB, you don't want your arm to look like mine did.
3. Smells like rotten cheese - I was deathly ill and everything smelled bad. This entry gives no recommendations on what to do if something actually smells like rotten cheese.
4. Snow on Haleakala — Brad's pictures in January garnered a one-day record for visitors to the blog.
• I can't figure out what they are searching for:
1. Pictures of Brad decorating cookies - Sure, he's adorable, I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would be interested in those.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment