I've got bowler's butt, tennis elbow, baseball back, kart carpal tunnel ... you name it, it is sore.
Who knew I was so incredibly lazy? Oh, that's right — everyone!
I'm still lovin' the Wii, but didn't realize how it would work muscles that haven't seen action in years. I've woken up the last two days and been barely able to get out of bed. It is awesome.
EdC and TV thought I was insane yesterday (although I notice TV didn't show up this morning to see for herself), so I did some Googling and found Wii soreness to be quite the phenomenon. Time magazine had a story about it way back in February 2007. I love the Nintendo spokeswoman's comment in the second paragraph.
Bradley and I traded our anniversary game gifts last night. I got Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel. It is fun and much less strenuous than, say, Wii Sports. The wheel takes some getting used to, but I played by myself this afternoon and finished in 4th place. That's much better than last night's 12th-place finish. Brad received Mario Super Sluggers. It frustrated him that Donkey Kong would pitch before Brad wanted him to and that I won the game 9-0, but it was late at night. I'm hopeful that once he has time to study to the instructions he'll like it more.
My goal is to build up the stamina for Dance Dance Revolution (that would be the hottest party 2). :-)
2 days ago
1 comment:
Ainsers and I will be over Monday morning to test this Wii bit of a butt theory of yours. What is the earliest we can come a knockin'?
Post a Comment