Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ahhh, yeah

I received this photo in the mail the other day from my Aunt K. She sent it because I'd been mocking '70s photos of the family while at her house this summer, and thought I'd really enjoy this masterpiece. She called it the Big Guy's "Don Johnson look."

But honestly, I love it. I'm not kidding. It is my family in all of its 1979 glory.

Love the yellow suit — it is like the color of our living room, how could I possibly make fun of it? And my mom is terribly stylish in her two-tone rose outfit. (They are both probably younger in this photo than Toonces is today. To me, they are perpetually mid-40s.)

The little blonde girl on the left is me. Yes, that really is me. I know, I was totally adorable. What happened? T.Roy said, "Wow, you were really cute before you grew up and got mistaken for a boy." (Ouch! Why'd I ever tell him that story?)

Of course, that's the much loved Toonces on the right. I remember being so jealous of her long, straight brown hair.

Sorry the picture quality isn't the greatest. I don't have a scanner, so this is actually a picture of the picture.

No comments: