Friday, October 03, 2008

Only a fair day

AP News Now
Burger sends word that his "Trivial Pursuit" episode will air Friday, Oct. 10.

Now, on to the fair

Work obligations kept us from getting to the fair route in time to see EdC. in all of his inflatable glory. But from my perch high atop the hill I could see his wobbly self rounding the corner, so I grabbed the camera and max zoomed to get this shot. See, there he is in the middle. If you don't know what to look for, the photo at right is from last year's parade. Dinner after the parade was a mega taco for me and a bbq pork plate for Brad. I'm keeping the free nachos coupon for tomorrow.

After work, TV and I whipped over to the fair until closing time. We perused the crafts and better living tents before heading to the food stands for a little waffle cake delight and some fried zucchini for the TV. After that we wandered around, split some cotton candy and settled in at the rolly ball game. While there had been a crowd there just seconds earlier as I was willing the last bit of cotton candy into my mouth, we were the only ones ready to play. And we needed 4 players. We sat for what seemed like 5 minutes or more, listening to the carnie guy talk about how he lived in a van down by the beach and how if you go to some Web site (he said it several times but the address escapes me) you can see profiles of real girls ... girls he's seen around — like at the mall and stuff ... and they are willing to do things that only porn stars do. Wow! The fair really is a family-friendly place, isn't it? Glorious heavenly being, some other people finally decided to take us on. Guess who won ... first rolly ball win ever. I think I'll call my new friend "Panda."

No comments: