The 86th Maui County Fair on its final night.OK, I have to admit that by the last night I was kind of faired out. I hadn't expected Brad to be ready to go until 9ish, but he called at 6 and said he'd be ready in an hour. Turns out I shouldn't have put off breakfast/lunch until 4 p.m. I did still managed to down some spaghetti and Dippin' Dots. (Not really fair food, but we all love the Dippin' Dots.) Brad and I took another spin on the Ferris wheel and tried our hands at two rounds of rolly ball. The livestock tent was shut down by the time we got there Sunday night so Brad couldn't make a final visit to the cow that tried to kill him. The vegetable exhibit was closed, too, so he missed out on the giant pumpkin.
Now poor Bradley's all tuckered out. He fell asleep on the couch midway through the "King of the Hill" DVR and didn't even groan when I moved on to "Desperate Housewives." He woke up once during it — I think the dryer buzzer may have startled him — and I tried to convince him that he wanted to watch it ... I'm pretty sure he didn't believe me.
And that leaves me on my own for the rest of the evening. Yes, it really is 1 a.m. and I've got an evening left. I really need to break myself of Brad's 3 a.m. bedtime routine.
EdC. gave me some cucumbers and my mom e-mailed her pickle recipe. I found pickling lime at Wal-Mart. So I think I'll getting to chopping and begin the first soaking.
Now poor Bradley's all tuckered out. He fell asleep on the couch midway through the "King of the Hill" DVR and didn't even groan when I moved on to "Desperate Housewives." He woke up once during it — I think the dryer buzzer may have startled him — and I tried to convince him that he wanted to watch it ... I'm pretty sure he didn't believe me.
And that leaves me on my own for the rest of the evening. Yes, it really is 1 a.m. and I've got an evening left. I really need to break myself of Brad's 3 a.m. bedtime routine.
EdC. gave me some cucumbers and my mom e-mailed her pickle recipe. I found pickling lime at Wal-Mart. So I think I'll getting to chopping and begin the first soaking.

No comments:
Post a Comment