Saturday, October 25, 2008

Move it over


I was just whining to EdC. about this problem this afternoon and I came home tonight to find it at it's worst yet. See the car on the right? That's my car. See that monstrosity on the left? That is my nemesis of the week.

Earlier this month, we were having a problem with that thing being parked in our rental spot when Brad would get home at 2 a.m. So I started parking there when I get home at the more reasonable 11 p.m.-ish. That seemed to solve that problem without us having to whip out our "get out of our spot or we'll have you towed" note. That's all good because the one time that Brad and I have left that note (on a different vehicle a few months back) we were terrified of retaliation and (2.) we're not even sure we could reach the windshield of the most recent violating vehicle to leave it under a wiper.

Now this thing is parked in the space next to mine every night. That's fine ... if it's not in my spot, I tend not to care. But each night its tires creep farther into my spot. Can you see (in photo above) how far over the white spot divider line that thing is? For those of you not familiar with our set-up, our spot is at the end of the parking lot row. There is a spot on the other side of us but it is taken up by the "green waste" Dumpster. That means that the more that thing comes into my spot, the closer my car gets to the Dumpster and the more likely it is that my car will have a nice blue scratch down the side of it some morning. Or the trash people's automated truck will drop all the green waste or the Dumpster itself on my car. Or, because the Dumpster sticks out and creates a bit of an obstacle course, some afternoon I'll be running late for work and I'll back out in a hurry and the car will just bounce like a pinball between those ginormous tires and the Dumpster.

I really dislike backer-inners (sorry Pops!), but I'm so tempted to back my car in and have the passenger side like 3 inches away from that monster so that the driver can't get in. You know ... in my usual passive-aggressive manner.

On a final note, do you see where the rear-view mirror is on that thing? I'm positive that it is situated at just about the 5 foot mark, because I've gotten out of my car on several occasions and, in my anger about it invading my parking spot, haven't thought about mirror and whacked the side of my head on it. Needless to say, that just makes me more angry.

No comments: