Thursday, March 22, 2007

Do I look that innocent?

Three days in row I have been passed by police officers — twice while I was speeding. What is the deal with that?

On the way home tonight, the two cars in front of me got pulled over at the police checkpoint but I was waved on through. And Burger's favorite was there ... Grrrrrr-au. I was so disappointed that didn't get to speak to him.

I may be innocent, but I'm certainly old
I got my hometown paper the other day and was deeply disturbed to see a photo from my high school days as that week's "Picture of yesteryear." Brad quickly pointed out, "Well, 1992 was 15 years ago." Thank you, Bradley, that's very helpful. And like he's not just as old as I am. (At least we didn't graduate way back in 1992. Wink, wink big sis!)
Anyway, there in the photo was my high school friend Nicole in all of her tight-rolled jeans and big hair glory. I laughed and laughed and laughed. I'll admit, I did it too. But what were we thinking? That didn't look good.

And kudos to the Iweegins
I may have accidently thrown away the title to Brad's car some time back. The people here claimed that we had never presented it to them when we registered the car, so his registration is marked "Non transferable." I was a little nervous that we'd never be able to get a copy of th title and be stuck with that car for all of eternity. (Not that we're going to get rid of it soon or anything, but it won't run forever.)
But he sent a form and a $15 money order to the fine people in Webster County a few weeks ago and the duplicate title arrived in the mail today. Hurray! I should never have doubted the people in the homeland.

No comments: