After suffering through 6 days of headaches last week, I went to the doctor this morning. My "primary care physician" was booked until like April 4 and I probably could have held out that long, but I really wanted drugs so I went to the guy that told me had whooping cough last summer. I should have known better.
First, he shook his head and told me I was describing symptoms of both tension and migraine headaches. Like I was making up the symptoms in the first place or something. Isn't it possible that I suffer from both?
No, wait, first he said, "I see you've been seeing (the chiropractor), isn't it possible that these headaches that you're complaining of are related to that?" No, its really not. The chiropractor is treating me for a whole other problem that I do not feel is relevant to this situation.
Anyway.
Then I made the mistake of telling him that the headaches hurt all the way down in the meaty part of my feet. "That's not possible," he said, again shaking his head. "That doesn't make any sense." Tell me about it, all I know is that these headaches drain all of the energy out of my body and leave my hands and feet very sensitive to say, um, walking or typing. That's in addition to the fact that my head feels like its going to explode.
So, he wrote me a prescription and recommended that see the clinic's neurologist. I have an appointment next week. I was a little frustrated when I got home with my filled prescription and saw the word "caffeine." I said to Brad, "That guy thinks I'm a crack pot. Look at this, he gave me caffeine pills. That's not gonna help." Brad then pointed out that the bottle actually said something/something else/caffeine — so maybe its not like giving me jelly beans and calling them "special brain medicine."
Totally unrelated
Brad and I were walking home from Fred's (love the chingaderas!) tonight when a SUV drove and honked at a group of people at a picnic table across the street. Someone yelled, "Woo-hoo! 'Maui Fever'!" The people at the picnic table waved. I said, "Holy crap! Are those the 'Maui Fever' people over there?"
Brad replied, "I don't know. Let's go check."
"I don't want to," I said. "Its not like we're Kayhow. We don't know the 'Maui Fever' people."
Brad: "Come on. Let's go and see."
Me: "No."
Brad: "Come on. It'll be fun."
Me: "No."
I won, we didn't go over there. But it was a group of about 6 guys and at least one girl with long blond hair. I did not notice any pickups with "Maui Family" stickers.
Almost 3 weeks now
Brad called the auto body repair guy (T.Roy's guy) today to ask about our new bumper. The dent has been there so long now that we're getting used to it, so he wasn't too surprised when the guy said that the part hadn't arrived yet. He'd told Brad 2 to 2 1/2 weeks for the part when the order was placed ... on Feb. 28. What can we do? If the part hasn't arrived yet, it hasn't arrived. Brad says the guy seemed annoyed at the parts people, and that's enough to appease us for another week or so. We don't want to tick off anymore auto body peeps or we really will get black listed and the Mazda will never get fixed.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment