Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm a reading machine

Here's the deal, I've plowed through two novels in about a week. The second one was purchased after 10 p.m. Friday and I finished that one just now — early Tuesday morning.

So, I wander out to the living room and announce to Brad: "My book's done. I need another one."

B: You're done with that one already? You're out of control.

Me: I'm expanding my mind. Must read more. Must learn more.

Me again: Like for instance, with this book here (as I wave the book in the air) I learned that affairs are bad. I would not have known that if I hadn't read the book.

B: That's a good thing to know.

Me (in a robot voice): I know. Must learn more.

As I turn to walk away, there is a guy with a ginormously large head on the television.

Me: Holy crap! What's the deal with that guy's head? Why is it so big?

B: That's what happens when you read too many books. You're head gets bigger to hold all of the knowledge.

Me: Really? Wow! I did not know that. I'd better slow it down, huh?

No comments: