Monday, October 01, 2007

Brad was asleep

He just woke up and I can hear him poking around in the refrigerator. But he'll be asleep again soon. The poor boy doesn't get much down time on the weekends so it is about time for him to crash.

As for me, I tried going to sleep. But because I need to be up early, I was unsuccessful. It's a psychological thing. I've got a medical test in the morning and was ordered not to eat or drinking anything after midnight. That, of course, means that at 12:06 I got a craving for an orange. Would I really expect anything less? The fact that I've woken up at 12:50 p.m. and 11:15 a.m. the last two days could also be playing a role in my current sleeplessness.

In other news:
• The fair wrapped up today without me attending for a 4th straight day.
Ed C. is pictured above in his parade debut. He did a real nice job. TV, Kayhow and I snuck (sneaked?) out to see him in action. I attended the fair Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights with a mix of co-workers (mainly TV and Ed C.). Good times. Love the mega taco. Don't love the waffle cake so much. We hit the Ferris wheel one night, but it turned unpleasant when I began yelling at Ed C. to stop rocking the carriage and to close the door. The next night we tried out the much-tamer-and-more-fun-than-it-appears Traffic Jam. There was no Himalaya riding. And I'm incredibly disappointed that the Cliff Hanger was replaced by a second Zipper. Is demand really that high? The highlight of the weekend may have been my free, low-flow shower heads. How lame am I? And I still haven't installed them. :-)

• Speaking of the fair, I see that TV mentioned the lack of poi mochi in her poll. Ed C., you're really going to like this.

• I got my most recent bank snafu cleared up in just 2 days. T.Roy was frightened by the sound of my angry voice and impressed by the ballsy-ness of putting the bank guy on hold to answer my cell phone. In the end, both the bank guy and the doctor's office lady called me to apologize for the confusion/inconvenience.

• It turns out that once the sweater dried completely the purple spots were gone. Some days I just need to be patient.

• Oh, and I did return the Benefiber tablets to Wal-Mart. The lady just looked at me like, "Are you serious?"

No comments: