Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm on vacation

Woot, woot. I've got three days off in a row and no idea what I'm going to do.

Well, not quite. But how could I pass up this opportunity to use that infamous quote?

I do have the next 3 days off. Originally Brad and I were going to go to Las Vegas. Then we bought the condo and decided we couldn't afford it. So we shortened our vacation requests and said, "We'll go to Oahu." Then we lived in the condo for a month and decided that we couldn't afford to do that either. So we shortened our vacation requests again and went to Duo last week. This week we're just going to have one extra day off to spend together. (Gag!)

What will we do with all of this "free" time? We've got another meeting with the life insurance lady scheduled. (So fun.) And the air conditioner in our bedroom probably needs replacement, so that means quality time spent at Home Depot or the like. (So fun, again.) Ahhhh ... the joys of homeownership.
Dogs in Danger
We're running a story about this Web site tomorrow. Of course, I had to do a search. How much do I love Kiki? I wonder what it would take to get my sister to pack up the kids, drive down there, adopt Kiki and keep her until she cleared quarantine and could come and live with me.

My plan for Sunday ...
is to replicate Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie. I know, I know ... Chili's is totally lame. But Brad and went there while on Oahu a few weeks ago and the aforementioned dessert is seriously good.

Greetings and salutations
My mom says that my dad's friend Andy G. is a big fan of the blog. So I'm supposed to give a shout out to him. Hi Andy!

The poll is closed
The question of the week: When is Halloween? Results: 65% say it is on Oct. 31 every year. Hmmm. I got my paper with the article on the bigwigs' decision to move Halloween in the mail today. Haven't read it yet. I'm sure I'll touch on this topic more later. Say Oct. 23 later?! :-)

No comments: