Thursday, October 25, 2007

It is a really small world

OK, first the back story: About 2 weeks ago I went to the Hallmark store and bought this fall-themed acorn candle holder that had a spiced pumpkin candle inside of it. It was one of those things that are regularly $12.95 but only $6.95 with the purchase of 3 cards. Since I was buying three Thanksgiving cards (that's right, 3 lucky souls/units will be getting cards), I got the candle too.

I really liked the scent and burned right through that candle in a matter of days. (Brad says I'm so fond of the scent because it smells like the fam's house ... ahhhh.) So I went back to the store and they didn't have the same scent in votives to refill my candle holder. If I wanted the same thing, I had to buy another acorn. I don't really want another acorn.

When I got home I hopped on the computer and went straight to Amazon. Now, I'm sure that everyone already knows this, but just in case you don't, you can buy things from individual sellers on Amazon and it is the same process as if you were buying the item from Amazon. I, for instance, sell a lot of used books that way. Anyway, I found the candle that I wanted and ordered one from the cheapest seller, code name grandmasgiftware.

Now the point of this post: The candle arrived in the mail today and I almost passed out when I saw the return address — 311 9th St., Sheldon, IA 51201. My hand to God. I could not make this up. I tried to take a picture of the shipping label because nobody is going to believe me, but I couldn't get a picture that wasn't too fuzzy to read.

Hmmm
I bet I could have gotten a nonfuzzy picture of that label with the Kodak EasyShare V1233. 12MP people!!

No comments: