Or at least with a conversation about whether or not he was dead. T.Roy said he was. I didn't think so. So I went to imdb.com to find out. He just turned 86 last week.
T.Roy said, "I hope I don't live to 86."
"I hope you do and you're still working here," I replied. "No, wait. Ugh. How old would I be when you're 86?"
"What year were you born?"
"1976."
"What month?"
"May."
"I was just weeks away from being a college graduate when you were born."
"So that means that you were a high school junior in 1971?"
"What?"
"I quoted you in my McDonald's rant this morning but didn't want to hazard a guess about what year you were a junior in high school."
"Did I say junior? I think maybe it opened in my senior year."
Turns out that I'll be 64 when T.Roy is 86 and I hope neither one of us is still working at the same place. The first McDonald's opened on Maui in either 1971 or 1972. And to clarify, I don't hate McDonald's in general ... I just don't want one moving in and crushing the quietness of my former town.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment