Monday, September 11, 2006

What's happening?

Brad and I are exhausted and extremely sore after spending the last 2 days moving our "little" stuff from the ghetto to the new house. Sadly, while it is obvious that much has been moved, there is still tons to do, including renting a truck to move the big stuff. But that probably won't happen for another 2 weeks.

I was moving stuff by myself on Sunday while Brad was at work and got an offer of help from the guy that lives next door to us in the ghetto. I'd never seen him before, but he was out in the parking lot on his cell phone most of the day. At one point, he approached me and said, "I've been watching you move stuff out all day. Can I help?" After protesting for several minutes, I gave in and let him pull the hand cart to the car, thanked him profusely and rejected offers for more help. It was very kind of him to offer. And its very sad that after 3 years in the ghetto, someone pleasant finally appears as we're moving out.

In other news, I took the Mazda in today to get the dent repaired and was very excited to see the MFX on the lot. But I didn't notice it until I was driving away. Now I'm dying to find out how much they are asking for it. I may need to send in a spy.

No comments: