Friday, September 15, 2006

Things are looking up

We are ahead of schedule with our move. We're planning to move the big furniture (couch, loveseat, beds, table, etc.) next week, which is at least a week earlier than we had planned. After that, only a few hundred more trips with little stuff and we'll be finished.

Bradley made one hire this week and is hoping to make another by the end of next week. But just having one more person is going to be huge and hopefully will eliminate the need for him to be there all the time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Got some really nice sheets from Brad's mom for our anniversary. 1000 thread count. Sweet!

And speaking of anniversary presents, my sister called me last week to say that she'd forgotten to mail our present. When it still hadn't arrived today, I got nervous that the bad ghetto people had stolen it and wrote her. She basically said, "Ah crap! I forgot to ever mail it." That's it — her b-day present is going to be late on purpose. :-)

Brad didn't like my "sore" mood over on the right. He said, "Are you sore with me?" Meaning, of course, "Are you mad at me?" I said, "No, sore like, 'Argh, my entire body is in pain.'" Poor Brad, so paranoid. So, I decided to go with "lazy" instead. That pretty much covers me all of the time — its unlikely that will ever change again.

The fair is coming up pretty soon and new co-worker (and "Lovefest '06" recipient) KC has vowed to attend with me and Edgy. She'll have to take TV's place on the Himalaya. (See April 29 entry.) I hope she handles it better that TV did.

No comments: