Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Another shark attack

This time it was a 15-year-old girl standing in 2 feet of water at Makena's Big Beach. That's about a mile from where the remains were found on Friday. She has survived and remains hospitalized. The Maui News story this morning said that she had a 12-inch gash on her right calf. That's a pretty big bite.

I'm just glad that we opted for the pool over the beach yesterday. It's relatively safe there.

We've got some relatives coming to Maui in about 2 weeks. Brad and I may just sit on the beach and wave.

In other news, a possibly venomous snake is on the loose in West Maui. I'm not safe on either side of the island. Guess it's time to pack up and move back to Iowa. The only thing dangerous there is the mosquitoes and it's only warm enough for them 3 months out of the year.

No comments: