Monday, February 06, 2006

Its been one of those days

It should be good because it's my day off. But, instead, it's been a rollercoaster.
I got our mail and our new slip cover arrived. Yay ... they said it wouldn't be here until the 14th. Good day.
Also got a bill from T-Mobile and they charged me $100 to replace Brad's broken phone that had actually NOT gone swimming this time. Bad day.
Went to can machine after hauling around bags and bags of cans for weeks. Got $8.80, which is not really a lot, but there were not questionable types sitting there on lawn chairs staring at me like there usually are ... so neutral day.
Went to T-Mobile and complained about being charged $100. I was very rude but the lady credited my account anyway. I apologized for being rude. Good day.
Decided to be nice (since Brad only has 2 days off in the entire month of February) and take the Escort for its safety check. It needed to be done and the sooner that I did it, the less likely it was that I'd be sitting in the county Service Center trying to re-register my car at the end of the month. The place that we normally go closed down (bad day) so I tried another place and the lady told me it would only take an hour (good day). But the VIN on my insurance card was wrong. Bad day. I tried to call Geico only to be disconnected once and then receive the runaround after talking to numerous people over the course of 20 minutes. Bad day. So I told the safety check lady that Geico was messing with me and I was just going to go home, try to figure it out and come back tomorrow. She said, "No, no! I deal with Geico all the time. Let me try." God bless the safety check woman ... 5 minutes later, she had the new id card on the way and the car was already being checked. Yay safety check lady! Good day. The car passed after replacing a brake light for $5. Neutral day. But I don't have to live through that again for another year. Good day.
See what I'm saying? Rollercoaster.
Now I'm home and I'm tired. Haven't eaten anything all day. Need to do laundry (I hate laundry!) and go to the grocery store, but those may have to wait until tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

No comments: