Thursday, February 23, 2006

I may need dream analysis

OK, here are the four most recent dreams. You tell me what they mean.

• After Brad left yesterday, I went back to sleep. Here's the dream: The door is not properly locked after Brad leaves for Oahu and people come in and rob us while I'm still asleep. I wake up and hear the noise and get up just in time to see them leave out the front door. But I don't chase them because the apartment is turned upside down.
That one was pretty scary, and likely related to my controversial run-in with my neighbor a few weeks ago. But when I did wake up for real, I was scared to get out of bed and see if it was true or not.


• I got up to make sure that the apartment was still in one piece and I still had all of my credit cards. Once I decided that it had been a dream, I went back to sleep again. Here's the next dream: I was at my parents house and had the bottle of fancy soap that I had just bought on Oahu the day before with me. The soap is called "Mimosa" because it smells like oranges and it has a recipe for a mimosa on the front of the bottle. Anyway, in the dream, my family was drinking the soap because they apparently thought it WAS a mimosa. Everybody was getting really sick from drinking soap, but I was upset because "That's expensive soap and I have to go to Oahu to get it."

• In my first dream last night, I get the latest copy of my hometown paper and there's a story about a girl that I went to high school with dying in a car crash with her family (husband, child). The kicker is that she lived overseas (in the dream, and maybe for real, I'm not really sure) and just had this child and her family in IA was planning to go visit like the day after the crash. I woke up thinking, "That's a really sad story. I wonder if it's true." So, I paged through all of copies of the IA paper that I have and have determined that it probably wasn't. But it was very realistic.

• And finally, I'm back in high school except everyone is old ... like current age. And I've got a band concert. I'm changing into my band uniform when I realize that I've forgotten my black shoes at home. But my parents won't bring them to me and I have to do the concert in the my black socks. It's very embarrassing. Although not as embarrassing as the recurring dream that I have about marching band and not knowing the routine.

So, those are my stories. I'm totally whacked, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Well, Well, bet you thought you wouldn't see my again on this site!! I actually have you in my favorites. How about that? I just glanced at your dreams and man you need to relax a little. Just think, if you had kids, you wouldn't have time to fall into such a deep sleep...then you wouldn't have dreams. ha ha

Leah said...

Who me? Uptight? Never!! You know that. :-)
I'm very excited to hear you've made me a favorite. Now I have like 6 loyal readers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leah said...

You two are bad news. And probably just jealous that I get so much sleep.
But if you don't watch your steps, you'll get deleted too! :-)